Friday 15 March 2019

DFI, Session 2




Another DFI session today and lots of awesome tricks and valuable information shared to streamline working on a digital platform. Just a few of the amazing things covered in todays session are:
Learn: What this means as part of the Manaiakalani Pedagogy
Google Keep
GMAIL
Calendar
Onetab
Tobimini   and...
Hangouts/ Google meet

The pace of these sessions caters to all levels of abilities and provides opportunities to implement, try out, level up or ako ano. I absolutely love and appreciate that we have the expertise of so many knowledgeable people on hand to help and guide us through otherwise intimidating concepts. I cannot believe being on the digital journey as long as I have that I was unaware of all these streamlining options!

Below is an attempt I made with my group to use quicktime to record our hangout session. With lots of hilarious results, we managed to record our hangout session and although not perfect the potential for the use of recording ourselves and the rich discussions which occurs is HUGE!

I've already thought about how I can use this with the learners during conferencing and enabling them to use our AKO ANO. This could also be used during Team meetings when discussing our data and saved to form part of our evidence. What about the way it affords us the ability to listen and watch without being present in the room as we have so many other obligations and sometimes meeting in 1 physical space is hard.

Learning/AHA moment:
Really hard to choose this week but I think the main takeaways are:
*Google hangout and recording with quicktime
*Tobimini- quick and easy to group websites besides using bookmarks.

Ramblings/ Rumblings
* Does the team have a common understanding of LEARN?
* How can google hangout or google meet be used within a junior class setting...
* Do all things necessarily have to be used in my classroom or is using it for streamlining my workflow enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment