Tuesday 11 February 2020

New Year, New Role

 It was decided that because I have:

1 BT year 2

1 3rd Year Teacher

1 Teacher returning to New Zealand and

1 experienced Teacher new to New Zealand,

I will be walking for the first part of the year or until a new class needs to be opened. 

This first week my focus has been on welcoming the new teachers and assisting them with setting up their classrooms and the importance of building a good relationship with their students and wider school community. 

My second focus was the importance recognising our learners culture and the important role of the Treaty of Waitangi and why and how it must be used and adhered to in a classroom environment.

To help them become acquainted with life at Panmure Bridge I gave each new teacher  a welcome to the junior school document. LINK 

I also decided to keep a virtual diary to show how I spend my time during theses days. LINK


My second focus was getting them acquainted with Assessment protocols and procedures. I explained how all these would be accessible on our team minutes for them to see at anytime. LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment